StomacH Cancer Elective Surgery MOrbidity and MortaLity at 90-Day
1) Primary Objective: 90-day Mortality and Morbidity in patients undergoing elective surgery for gastric cancer
2) Secondary Objective: Determine factors associated with 90-day morbidity and mortality in patients undergoing elective surgery for gastric cancer
1) All consecutive patients with primary gastric malignancy (including Siewert III) undergoing Elective Surgery with curative intent (either total or partial gastrectomy) via open, laparoscopic or robotic approach between 1st April 2022 and 30th September 2022 at your centre. The study date may be extended depending on the numbers recruited.
2) Adult patients only (≥ 18 years).
1) Patients with clinical evidence of metastatic disease, including positive peritoneal cytology on previous staging laparoscopy, or known synchronous cancer.
2) Presence of gastroesophageal junction (Siewert I and II) malignancy.
3) Patients submitted to Emergency surgery or surgery without curative intent.
4) Patients undergoing additional surgery (except cholecystectomy) along with surgery for gastric cancer.
1 patient's complete dataset = 1 collaborative authorship
10 patients' complete dataset = 1 named authorship