30-Day MorbIdity aNd MorTality of SurgEry for BLeeding Peptic Ulcer:
A TUGS Multinational Audit
1) The primary objective is to find out the 30-day mortality and morbidity in patients undergoing surgery for bleeding peptic ulcer anywhere in world.
2) The secondary objective is to find out the factors associated with 30-day morbidity and mortality
1) All consecutive patients undergoing surgery for bleeding (benign) peptic ulcer between 1st January 2022 and 31st December 2022 (The study date may be extended depending on the numbers recruited).
2) Only include surgery for bleeding benign ulcers.
3) Patients undergoing surgery for perforated peptic ulcer in the bypassed stomach after Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass or One Anastomosis Gastric Bypass.
4) Patients undergoing surgery for perforated peptic ulcer in stomach after sleeve gastrectomy
5) Adults (>/=18 years).
1. Patients who fall outside the above dates.
2. Patients undergoing any other surgery along with the surgery for peptic ulcer bleed.
3. Patients with bleeding from malignant ulcers.
4. Patients undergoing surgery for perforated marginal ulcers after gastric bypass.
5. Patients <18 years.
1 patient's complete dataset = 1 collaborative authorship
5 patients' complete dataset = 1 named authorship