Oesophageal and JUncTional Cancer ELectIVE Surgery Morbidity and Mortality at 90-Day
1) Primary Objective: 90-day Mortality and Morbidity in patients undergoing elective surgery for Oesophageal and OGJ cancer
2) Secondary Objective: Determine factors associated with 90-day morbidity and mortality in patients undergoing elective surgery for Oesophageal and OGJ cancer
1) All consecutive patients with clinically documented primary Oesophageal and OGJ malignancy (including Siewert I and II) undergoing elective surgery with curative intent - via open, laparoscopic or robotic approach - between 1st April 2022 and 30th September 2022 at your centre. The study date may be extended depending on the numbers recruited.
2) Adult patients only (≥ 18 years).
1) Patients with clinical evidence of metastatic disease, including positive peritoneal cytology on a previous staging laparoscopy, or those with known synchronous other cancers.
2) OG Junction Siewert III malignancy
3) Patients submitted to Emergency surgery or surgery without curative intent
4) Patients undergoing any other surgery in addition to the curative surgery for primary Oesophageal and OGJ malignancy
1 patient's complete dataset = 1 collaborative authorship
10 patients' complete dataset = 1 named authorship